This is really good! Perfect gameplay for an arcadey kind of game. Took me a bit to do it, but I beat the boss. Really cool concept!
- Don't touch spikes
- Touch the flower to gain "Honey"
- Press Z to place a block of Honey
- When spikes are stuck to Honey, press X to detonate the honey and destroy them
- Destroy all spikes to clear the level
- There's something out there too powerful to get stuck to honey... but, if you detonate honey while they're touching it, you can still defeat them!
- Get an extra life at 5000 points
- Blow up multiple spikes at once to get bonus points
- Spikes can't hurt you if they're stuck to honey
Honeyblast is a game I made in Construct 2 Free for My First Game Jam Jan. 2016!
It's a sort of Arcade-style Platformer in the vein of Mario Bros or Bubble Bobble. You play as a bee who has to, uh, summon honey blocks? that explode? to defeat the spike things that I guess are bad.
I kinda just came up with the idea of getting enemies stuck to something and this was the best way I could come up with to rationalise it.